Booking Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings made on this website. We kindly ask that you take a moment to read them prior to making a booking.
Rooms are subject to availability and the Company reserves the right to refuse any booking without reason. Payment of a £50.00 deposit is required to confirm your reservation at the time of booking. You will be asked to provide a credit or debit card at the time of the booking to secure your reservation. By booking you are authorising the debiting of the card provided. Any booking made is on a request basis and is not valid until confirmed by us.
The prices displayed on the website are indicative of rates applicable to your stay. Meals, extras or service are included only if specified. A minimum length of stay, deposit, cancellation charge and other conditions may apply to certain rates, as specified.
Any VAT breakdown shown is indicative based on the current rate of VAT, and the expected VAT treatment of the goods or services, and may change depending on the actual tax point of the invoice, and the VAT treatment of the goods and services purchased at that date.
Price lists for additional items, such as Restaurant meals and Room Service, are on display at relevant locations within the Hotel and are available on request.
The Guest must pay all outstanding charges on departure from the Hotel.
Should you wish to cancel your room, please do so by 10am on the day prior to arrival as we operate a 24hr cancellation policy on non-group bookings. Non arrival or late cancellation will result in a charge covering the first nights’ accommodation, subsequent nights will be released.
Change of Booking Details
Reservations may be amended in line with the booking conditions accepted at the time of the original reservation/s. Changes may be made subject to those conditions and any deposit / prepayment held is subject to those booking terms at the time of the original reservation.
Where the booking permits, any change to the arrival date, departure date or room type is subject to availability at the time the change is requested and may result in a possible rate change.
Arrival and Departure
Guests may check-in at any time from 2.00 p.m. on the day of arrival. On the day of departure we kindly ask all guests to vacate their rooms by 11.00am (unless a later departure is stated as part of your booking). Late check-out after this time can be requested subject to availability and will be charged at an hourly rate at the discretion of the hotel.
Upon checking in you will be issued with a parking permit, which will allow you to park in any of our three car parks. The permit negates any need to pay and display.
Please be aware that at certain times throughout the year some of the hotel may host weddings, events and parties, which you may feel would be an intrusion on your break. Please contact the hotel directly in advance of your stay for further information.
The Company shall not be in breach of this agreement if it does not provide the services under this agreement due to the following circumstances:
- Industrial action by the company’s employees
- Industrial action by the staff of one of the company’s suppliers
- Fire, lighting, explosion, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, extreme weather conditions, storm, flood, burst pipes, earthquake , terrorism and the Hotel being damaged or destroyed.
- Postal bookings which do not reach the company
- Breakdown of machinery, or any failure to supply the Hotel with gas, electricity, water and so on, outside the control of the company.
If any of the above occurs the company will do its best to avoid any inconvenience to you or your guests. The company is not liable to any loss or consequential loss whatsoever as a result of any breach under this condition.
Website Terms and Conditions
- The content and information displayed on this web site is the property of The Royal Oak (“The Royal Oak Hotel”) and/or other parties. The downloading, reproduction, or retransmission of The Royal Oak Information, other than for non-commercial individual use, is strictly prohibited.
- The Royal Oak’s Internet sites may contain or reference trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of The Royal Oak and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of The Royal Oak and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our site, and that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein, without the prior express consent from an authorized The Royal Oak representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search web sites to direct Internet users to this site).
- With respect to all communications you make to The Royal Oak Hotel or Nettability regarding The Royal Oak Hotel, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like: (a) you shall have no right of confidentiality in your communications and The Royal Oak Hotel shall have no obligation to protect your communications from disclosure; (b) The Royal Oak Hotel shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to others without limitation; and (c) The Royal Oak Hotel shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information.
- The Royal Oak may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Royal Oak Hotel reserves the right to make changes, corrections and/or improvements to The Royal Oak, and to the products and programs described in such information, at any time without notice.
Member Loyalty Card terms and Conditions
- There will be no access to the member loyalty card scheme without an email address and a name being supplied. Customer will also need to tick the box confirming that they agree to contact by email.
- Only one membership of the loyalty scheme per person is permitted.
- The Royal Oak Hotel reserve the right to change programme benefits and/or membership levels at any time.
- Customers must be over 18 to participate.
- Employees of the company are not eligible to participate.
- Membership is not transferable
- It is the members responsibility to update us regarding any changes to their personal details.
- The company reserves the right to refuse membership or to cancel any membership at any time.
- If we terminate your membership, all outstanding vouchers and discounts which you have accrued, will be immediately cancelled and no cash payments or other compensation will be provided.
- Loyalty card can only be used in the Royal Oak Hotel. NO discounts for the Stables Bar or the Stables Lodge will be permitted.
Your Contact and Personal Details
- If you have supplied your mobile phone number and address, it is possible that you may receive offers and promotions via text or post.
Quarterly Prize Draw
- Winner will receive a night’s accommodation for two in an executive double bedroom with choice of either continental or cooked breakfast in the morning.
- Any bookings are subject to availability and advance booking is required.
- Prize must be claimed within fourteen days of being notified
- Any winner who fails to claim their prize within 14 days of being notified will forfeit their prize and a new winner will be drawn at random from the membership database.
- The monthly prize draw is only open to The Royal Oak loyalty members who are aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of The Royal Oak, their relatives, their agents and anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- By providing your membership details, you are agreeing to being automatically entered into the prize draw.
- The opening and closing dates for the competition are as follows:- April 16th 2013 00:00AM – July 16th 2013 at 23:59PM Winner will be drawn on July 17th July. 16th 2013 00:00AM – October 16th 2013 23:59PM Winner will be drawn on October 17th. October 16th 2013 00:00AM – January 16th 2014 23:59PM Winner will be drawn on January 17th. January 16th 2014 00:00AM – April 16th 2014 23:59PM Winner will be drawn on April the 17th.
- There will be one winner for each prize draw who will be drawn at random from the membership database.
- Winners will be notified via email or telephone call.
- All entrants to the prize draw will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Names of winners will be made available one calendar month from the draw being made. To obtain these details, send an email to email@example.com
Stamp ’n’ Save Scheme
- When members stamp ‘n’ save boxes are full, the member loyalty card must be returned and replaced with a new one. All member details will be transferred and your member number will remain the same.
- Drinks are not discounted in the stamp ‘n’ save scheme. Drinks will be charged for at full price.
- The staff reserve the right to exempt any meal off menu’s if deemed necessary.
- One stamp is earned for each till transaction purchase over the price of £20.00
- To claim your stamps you must produce a valid Royal oak member loyalty card at the time of purchase.
- You cannot transfer your loyalty cards or any stamps for cash.
- The Stamp ‘n’ Save scheme cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- Only one stamp per visit. Stamp is allocated per visit, not per £20 spent.
Losing your Membership Loyalty Card
- If you lose your member loyalty card, simply inform a member of the reception team and they will issue a new card. The member will have to start the stamp ‘n’ save scheme from the beginning.
Cancelling your Membership
- If you decide that you would like to cancel your membership, simply inform a member of the reception staff and we will dispose of your loyalty card and remove you off our mailing list and membership databases.
- All offers, discounts and the stamp ‘n’ save voucher will be terminated
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our terms and conditions.